Monday, August 10, 2009

Checking in

Howdy, it's been awhile. Just had a fabulous weekend - thanks to Cal, 33, and Dan Navarro.

As I sit here with a mug of sbux, listening to NPR, heart still in the weekend, head trying to get wrapped around the week ahead--I can't help but feel fortunate and melancholic at the same time.

Gas is up to $2.64. Why is the price of oil rising?
Will I run today? It's been a long time. Muggy, warm, 87 today.
I guess everything is negotiable these days: I recently haggled fares with an airline and got $400 back.

It's a weird time at the H. Trying to make sense of it all. Good people leaving. More work coming down the pike. Who's gonna do it all? Who is making these decisions? I have a sense it won't happen. Someone or something will prevail and stop this train: Maybe it'll be swine flu. Maybe it'll be Obama & Congress passing some resolution that discourages shipment of jobs overseas. It is quite possible I don't understand everything that has gone into these decisions. It is quite possible I am in denial. In all cases, the direction being taken seems counter-intuitive to the destination. Perhaps I don't know the real destination--maybe I'm not supposed to know.

Sparky and Deuce having a good summer...the coolest June & July I can remember. It never got above 86 in July. Barely ran the A/C; ComEd must be bummed.

Baseball finished on July 13th (started on April 1!) After 26 games and10 boys improved their baseball skills significantly. The end result: A championship!

Soccer & football have begun. Sparky made RR White U12; Deuce made 115 Gold. Both will be challenged.

OK, I will be back with updates about running, sports, work, health, and the like. It always feels better when I post here.

No comments: